Lake Arrowhead Pilates Center
A Body Arts and Science International Affiliate Studio
Specializing in Movement Analysis, Exercise, and Rehabilitation
The Pilates Method is an exercise movement technique that enlists mind and body in an effort to achieve overall physical fitness. The method is especially suited to those who seek to change their bodies for the purpose of total well-being.
In everyday life, people tend to compound the use of surface muscles, leaving the core stabilization muscles weak. In doing so, the body is subjected to perpetual injury. Pilates training can reverse this destructive cycle, using a safe, gentle, and intelligent program.
- Pilates training utilizes innovative equipment, subtle movements, and resistive weight training techniques.
- If practiced consistently and properly, Pilates increases supportive muscle strength and correct body biomechanics.
- Pilates creates a strong, flexible body that can function without compromise or injury.
German soldier Joseph Pilates (1880–1967) spent the majority of World War II in an English prison camp, which became the unlikely home to the first Pilates studio. While in prison, Pilates watched as tuberculosis ravaged its inhabitants, taking the lives of many of his friends. So, equipped with yoga training and inspired by a belief that fitness is the key to overcoming illness, he created the first Pilates program — an exercise regimen employing resistance weight machines made from ropes and pulleys attached to heavy pot and pans.
Today, sports kinesiologists, dancers, physical therapists, and other heirs to Joseph Pilates’s legacy of health have refined the method.
The Pilates Studio
The Pilates Studio is not a gym…
It is a body education center equipped with a complete selection of specially designed machines. Each piece accommodates an entire repertoire of exercises ranging from basic to very advanced. Non-impact and non-stressful, the system involves both stabilizers and movers, accessing subtle muscle groups that are often ignored on conventional gym equipment.
Your Pilates Program…
- Accommodates the development of elongated and well-toned muscles.
- Allows focus on alignment and awareness.
- Supports correct movement patterns.
- Encourages movement control and efficiency.
- Facilitates harmony of body and mind.
What Does Pilates Do?
- Integrates mind and body.
- Tones and strengthens muscles.
- Increases core abdominal and back strength.
- Improves posture and body mechanics.
- Reduces joint and lower back strain.
- Balances flexibility with strength.
- Reduces stress and tension.
Lauren Harris, Director
Lauren Harris studied the Pilates Method under industry leaders Karen Clippinger and Rael Isacowitz. Harris’ rigorous training, extensive certification, and background in anatomy and phisiology, combined with her more than ten years experience teaching ballet, tap, and jazz give her a unique edge as a Pilates instructor. She lives in Lake Arrowhead with her husband and three sons.
The Lake Arrowhead Pilates Center is located on the Lower Waterfront level of Lake Arrowhead Village, on the side of the peninsula facing the Resort and the Yacht Club. This is downstairs below the Jockey and Van Heusen stores.
Lake Arrowhead Pilates Center
28200 Highway 189 S-120
P.O. Box 1831
Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352
More on the Web
Lake Arrowhead Pilates Center — new website
Lake Arrowhead Pilates Center on Facebook — post comments, photos, etc.